May brings A New Zealand Food Story back to our screens and this year it is proudly brought to you by the Ballance Farm Environment Awards. The series follows award-winning chef Ben Bayley, owner of Auckland restaurant Ahi, visiting farmers and growers across New Zealand, celebrating what they do and telling a kiwi story through food.
This series features three previous Ballance Farm Environment Award participants, the Clarke family from Woodhaven Gardens (2020 Regional Supreme Winners from Horizons), the Eades from Granity Downs (2020 Regional Supreme Winners Southland) and the Malley family from Maungatapere Berries (2019 Regional Supreme Winners from Northland).
The upcoming schedule for A New Zealand Story is as follows:
- Episode 1 - 14 May 4.30pm TVNZ1 - Fiordland/ West Coast
- Episode 2 - 21 May 4.30pm TVNZ1 - Canterbury
- Episode 3 - 28 May 4.30pm TVNZ1 - Marlborough / Tasman Nelson
- Episode 4 - 4 June 4.30pm TVNZ1 - Bay of Plenty
- Episode 5 - 11 June 4.30pm TVNZ1 - Whanganui - BFEA - Woodhaven Gardens story
- Episode 6 - 18 June 4.30pm TVNZ1 - Southland - BFEA - Granity Downs story
- Episode 7 - 25 June 4.30pm TVNZ1 - Auckland
- Episode 8 - 2 July 4.30pm TVNZ1 - Northland - BFEA - Maungatapere Berries story
A fresh new look
When you watch A New Zealand Food Story, you will notice that we have refreshed the BFEA logo with a bolder and more modern look. We are rolling out this new logo once the A New Zealand Food Story episodes start to air and will send you the updated logo files and style guide. The New Zealand Farm Environment Trust logo has also had a refresh so these two brands look good together side by side. Both new logos will be used at the upcoming BFEA regional event functions.
Marketing & Communications Manager
New Zealand Farm Environment Trust
P. 0274 747 437