2. Automatically Collected Information: Whenever you access any of the Internet Sites Ballance will, and is entitled to, automatically collect the following types of information from you: (a) the IP address of your machine when connected to the internet; (b) the operating system and the browser your computer uses and any search engine you are using; (c) the date and time you are visiting; and (d) the URLs of the pages you visit.
3. Submitted Information & Further Collection: Additional to automatically collected information dealt with by clause 2 (above), we may collect information posted by you explicitly on the Internet Sites. This includes information such as: (a) your name, gender, email address and other personal details such as a telephone number; and (b) any other comments, statements or interactions posted as a Post or otherwise. Ballance also reserves the right to collect more extensive information where it deems such action is appropriate, such as in the case of any security concerns which may arise. Where possible, information will be obtained directly from you. However, you acknowledge that by accessing the Internet Sites information may be collected from you as a result of the workings of the Internet Sites and the attached systems and software.
4. Facebook: Ballance’s Facebook page is set to the “everyone” setting in accordance with Facebook’s terms and conditions. This means that information you post is publically available and may be accessed by everyone on the internet, be indexed by third party search engines and be imported, exported, distributed and redistributed by us and others, without privacy limitations.
6. Cookies: Ballance may also place cookies on your computer. Cookies are alpha numeric identifiers which are transferred to your computer’s hard drive through your web browser to enable Ballance to recognise you whenever you access the Internet Sites and therefore better personalise your access of the Internet Sites. A cookie does not identify you personally but it does identify your computer.
7. Data Transmission: Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed as totally secure. Whilst Ballance strives to protect such information, we do not warrant, and cannot ensure complete security of any information which you transmit to us. Accordingly, any information which you transmit to us is transmitted at your own risk. Nevertheless, once we receive your transmission, we will take reasonable steps to preserve the security of such information.
8. Accessing Information: You are entitled to access any information which Ballance may hold about you and Ballance is obliged to provide this information to you as long as it has such information and such information can be readily retrieved. You are also entitled to request Ballance correct any inaccuracies in any information which Ballance holds about you.
9. Providing Information: You agree that Ballance may provide any personal information it collects about you to debt collection and credit reference agencies and any other parties it deems necessary in relation to providing you access to the Internet Sites, for any services you access or products you purchase from the Website, to recover any money you owe to Ballance and to exercise any lawful right Ballance, its related companies or debt collection and credit reference agencies may have. You also authorise any person to provide Ballance with such information as Ballance may require in response to credit enquiries.
10. Disclosing Information: You agree that Ballance is entitled to disclose information it holds about you without your prior permission if Ballance reasonably believes that such disclosure is necessary to: (a) conform to legal requirements; (b) comply with legal process or help to maintain the law; (c) protect the rights or property of Ballance or its related companies; or (d) enforce the Terms of Conditions of access to this Website.
11. Storage: You should be aware that information which Ballance collects from you may be stored or processed outside of New Zealand where the relevant Internet Site is hosted on a server located outside New Zealand (e.g hosted in the “cloud”).
13. Privacy Act: This Policy does not affect your rights under the Privacy Act 1993.